9th Annual BPAC
Runner's Medical Forum
Scheduled for February 26
The Forum includes the 2002 Buffalo News Runner of the Year Awards Ceremony
All Runners Welcome to Attend!
BUFFALO (FEB-15-2003) -
The Buffalo Philharmonic Athletic Club has announced the 9th annual Runner's Medical Forum will be held on February 26 at
6:30 PM in Madonna Hall of the
D'youville College. D'youvill College is located at the north-west corner of Porter and Fargo roads in Buffalo.
Admission is $5 (U.S., $6 Canadian). Post race style refreshments will be available following the formal presentation.
A panel of locally well known experts will make formal presentations relevant to the sport of
running and will field questions for discussion.
The panel will be comprised of the following popular experts:
- Michael Adesso, P.T., A.T.C. (Physical Therapist, WNY Physical Therapy)
- David Davidson, D.P.M., Sports Medicine Podiatrist
- John Leddy, M.D., Associate Director, UB Sports Medicine Institute
- Vicki Mitchell, U.B. Track Coach and national class runner
- David Pendergast, Ed.D, Professor of Physiology, UB School of Medicine
- Ed Whitlock, "Top Masters Runner in The World" - a well earned title bestowed by Runner's World Magazine in
recognition of Ed's numerous age-group world records from the mile through the marathon, roads and track. Whitlock, of Milton, Ontario, most recently set the age-group record for the M70+ marathon.
Questions and discussion material may be submitted in advance if desired. To submit questions and for additional information contact the BPAC via:
55 Colvin Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14216