The 3rd Annual Brownstone Lecture Series
A six part discussion designed to allow distance runners of all ability levels to reach their potential by understanding the variables that lead to performance enhancement.
A discussion of the issues that lead to enhanced performance in distance running, including road racing, track & field and cross country. Participants will divide into groups at the end of each session to address the questions and concerns specific to high school athletes, masters runners, womenís running, and to those new to the sport.
In order to increase your understanding and enjoyment of running and achieve your potential as a competitor. Whether attempting to finish your first marathon, place in the top three in your age group at the next race or just simply to improve your overall fitness, the information provided by our experts will help you to reach your goals.
The series is designed for distance runners of all ability levels. Special attention will be given to the specific concerns of all participants, including: high school athletes, masters runners, womenís running and those new to the sport. Coaches are also encouraged to attend. Medical professionals, nationally recognized coaches, running authorities, and many elite athletes, including the members of Team BrownStone USA, will offer their expertise, experiences, and advice.
Lectures will take place on Monday nights beginning July 9 and ending on August 13. Each discussion will be from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. with individual questions and answers until 8:30 p.m.
July 9, July 16, July 23, July 30, August 6, August 13.
The fee is $50 for the entire series. The fee for an individual lecture is $10. Team and corporate discounts are available upon request. Each lecture series registrant will receive a valuable stretching and strengthening manual among other gifts from the sponsors.
The lecture series will take place at the Harro East Athletic Club, 400 Andrews Street, Rochester, N.Y. For directions to the Harro East Athletic Club, call (716)454-0230.
- Sports Psychology
- Goal Setting
- Physiology of Running
- Training Philosophies and Programs
- Biomechanics of Running w/ Video Analysis
- Functions of the Foot
- Shoe Wear / Orthotics
- Running Injuries
GUEST SPEAKERS SCHEDULED TO APPEAR
- Clarke Brown, P.T., A.T.C. - Co-Founder of Team BrownStone USA and owner of BrownStone Physical Therapy
- John Luther - Co-Founder of Team BrownStone USA and nationally recognized distance running coach
- Michael Vanaskie, Ph.D. - Clinical Psychologist
- David Valvo, D.P.M. - Podiatrist and well known local runner
- David Etzel - owner of Jim Dalberth Sporting Goods and running shoe specialist
- Todd Reeser - 2000 USAT&F 20K National Champion, member of the 1997, 1998 and 2000 U.S. Half-Marathon Team
- Eddy Hellebuyck - 1996 Olympian, U.S. Record Holder in the 10K and 15 K as a masters runner, member of the 1999 and 2001 U.S. Track & Field Team as a marathoner
- Steve Swift - Member of the 1999 U.S. Track & Field Team as a marathoner
- Mike Mykotok - 1997 USAT&F 10,000m National Champion, 1999 USAT&F 10 Mile National Champion
- Vicki Mitchell - Head Cross Country and Distance Coach at the University of Buffalo, 1996 and 2000 Olympic Trials Qualifier, 1998 Lilac 10K Champion
- Monica Hostetler - 2000 Mt. SAC 10,000m Champion, 4 time All-American, owns a masterís degree in exercise physiology
- Renee Rombaut - 1999 and 2000 Rochester Runner of the Year, 6 time winner of the Rochester Chase Corporate Challenge
- Marcus Gage - 1999 Rochester Runner of the Year, 2 time All-American at the U of R
- Derrick Jones - 1998 and 1999 Champion of the Rochester Chase Corporate Challenge, All-American at R.I.T.
For more information, including: an updated list of guest speakers, specific topic and guest speaker schedules as well as guest speaker interviews and resumes,
www.TEAMBROWNSTONE.com or call 315-986-4655