Posted - October 04 2019 :  19:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why? Why? What do we think?

Cheaters never win.

John Furgele

Allayva

20 Posts

Posted - October 06 2019 :  17:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Riddence.
Now to wait and see if USATF/Nike/Project Oregon respond with any reasonable measure.
Go to Top of Page

millar1987

203 Posts

Posted - October 07 2019 :  08:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheaters do win and that's why they do it, unfortunately. Occasionally they get caught though, which is satisfying.

Can anyone really root for Christian Coleman after missing three drug tests in a year or Gatlin? They have nothing to with Salazar. Even Salazar was operating in the gray areas (L-Carnitine, thyroid medication, etc.), not blood doping or EPO like some of the East Africans are being caught with.

I'm still a sucker for track and cycling and will continue to watch even if it's as believable as the WWE at times.
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 07 2019 :  08:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the original 'Kings of the Road'.
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 08 2019 :  05:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Their is nobody who reads this forum that would ever give up the opportunity to train with Al-Sal and the NOP.

He did what Nike paid him to do to compete with the rest of the world.

He walked the fine line and seems he stepped over.

As far as labeling him a cheater I say NO.
Go to Top of Page

JF

2977 Posts

Posted - October 14 2019 :  05:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat,

I acknowledge what you are saying, but disagree and offer Kara Goucher as proof. She knew what was going on and bolted.

And, yesterday, Rupp couldn't finish Chicago Marathon.

What comes around.............comes around.

John Furgele
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 14 2019 :  06:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proof would be showing which one of his athletes ever failed a drug test.
If you're using Karen Goucher to base your opinion you might want to do a little research on her.
Rupp not finishing yesterday has nothing to do with the subject we all have bad races.
Go to Top of Page

JF

2977 Posts

Posted - October 14 2019 :  07:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just because you pass all the drug tests means nothing. We all know better than that. Salazar has been banned for 4 years---they don’t just do that without evidence of wrongdoing.

Sure, he was a great marathoner, but we have a right to question whether he did it cleanly.

As for Goucher, she left, she said she didn’t want to buy in to the Salazar plan. I’ll let you research and provide the details. Maybe she was washed up and frustrated, but she did leave and she did say some bad things about the Salazar operation.

Rupp and Farah were Salazar’s prized pupils. They have passed all the tests, but I have doubts that they competed cleanly and to me, that’s sad.

They are not alone—I believe more people dope than not as athletes look for the edge that can get them the riches they want. They did apoll many years ago—“Would you take a drug that would help you win a Gold medal. You wouldn’t get caught, but it would take 10 years off your life.” It was overwhelming---over 70 percent said yes.

John Furgele
Go to Top of Page

millar1987

203 Posts

Posted - October 14 2019 :  09:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rupp and Hasay both dropping out and Mo Farah having a bad day felt like justice.

Now hopefully Brigid Kosgei’s relationship with an agent who has had multiple athletes banned for doping isn’t shady. https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/kenya-s-brigid-kosgei-smashes-women-s-marathon-record-1.4049155
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 14 2019 :  11:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JF

Just because you pass all the drug tests means nothing. We all know better than that. Salazar has been banned for 4 years---they don’t just do that without evidence of wrongdoing.

Sure, he was a great marathoner, but we have a right to question whether he did it cleanly.

As for Goucher, she left, she said she didn’t want to buy in to the Salazar plan. I’ll let you research and provide the details. Maybe she was washed up and frustrated, but she did leave and she did say some bad things about the Salazar operation.

Rupp and Farah were Salazar’s prized pupils. They have passed all the tests, but I have doubts that they competed cleanly and to me, that’s sad.

They are not alone—I believe more people dope than not as athletes look for the edge that can get them the riches they want. They did apoll many years ago—“Would you take a drug that would help you win a Gold medal. You wouldn’t get caught, but it would take 10 years off your life.” It was overwhelming---over 70 percent said yes.

John Furgele

We know you either test clean or dirty. Fact no one failed.
Witch Hunt.

We should question Rogers, Shorter and Beardsley also that flat Coke should have been banned.

As far as Sarah and her husband Adam I have followed parts of their career so if you want to take what she says seriously that's on you.

If you think Rupp and Farah are dirty you might as well just say Hall and Meb are also.

70% ?? where did they do this poll at the Olympic village?.
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 14 2019 :  11:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by millar1987

Rupp and Hasay both dropping out and Mo Farah having a bad day felt like justice.

Now hopefully Brigid Kosgei’s relationship with an agent who has had multiple athletes banned for doping isn’t shady. https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/kenya-s-brigid-kosgei-smashes-women-s-marathon-record-1.4049155

Damn, Millar I wouldn't even wish a DNF on you.
Go to Top of Page

JF

2977 Posts

Posted - October 23 2019 :  10:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat,

If you're okay with cheating and doping that's fine. Seems like you take everything on the up and up, which is also fine. Many athletes that do cheat pass drug tests. lance Armstrong passed them for years, but he cheated.

Again, your opinion is acknowledged. Hopefully, the truth will come out and set us all free.

John Furgele
Go to Top of Page

NSWC

108 Posts

Posted - October 23 2019 :  13:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Occhino

quote:
Originally posted by JF

John Furgele

If you think Rupp and Farah are dirty you might as well just say Hall and Meb are also.

Hall and Meb were coached by a dude who was banned for 4 years?

It isn't a tad odd that farah goes from being a second tier runner to being the best distance runner in the world at a relatively late age when he hooks up with Salazar? And then goes back to being second tier as soon as he leaves?
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 24 2019 :  13:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JF

Pat,

If you're okay with cheating and doping that's fine. Seems like you take everything on the up and up, which is also fine. Many athletes that do cheat pass drug tests. lance Armstrong passed them for years, but he cheated.

Again, your opinion is acknowledged. Hopefully, the truth will come out and set us all free.

John Furgele

JF-How about you read these three books. 14 Minutes, Kings of the Road, and Duel in the Sun and then you can check back with your opinion of Mr.Salazar's integrity. I'm not saying he didn't walk the fine line but people who RACE marathons hold themselves to a certain standard. A place that you've never been.
Of course you would bring Lance into the conversation that's a whole other discussion.

So we will leave it at agreeing to disagree. Alberto Salazar is not a cheat.
Go to Top of Page

millar1987

203 Posts

Posted - October 25 2019 :  06:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Salazar gave thyroid medication to Goucher because he was concerned for her health, not because he was a cheater.

He injected a bagful of L-Carnitine into Steve Magness and then sent this message to Lance Armstrong: "Lance, call me asap! We have tested it and it's amazing! You are the only athlete I'm going to tell the actual numbers to other than Galen Rupp. It's too incredible. All completely legal and natural. You will finish the Iron Man in about 16 minutes less while taking this. – Alberto." He wasn't cheating, he was just being super helpful.

He rubbed testosterone gel onto his guinea pig son, definitely not to find the limits of using it. Only to see if someone could sabotage his own athletes with a positive test result.

This whole four year ban is a big misunderstanding. Alberto is simply a caring coach.

My favorite part of 14 minutes is when he goes on pilgrimage to Medjugorje to have his necklace turned into gold by a "miracle".
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

1004 Posts

Posted - October 25 2019 :  06:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Millar looks like we both read LR.

With his free time I reached out and asked about getting a plan for April 2020 gonna be a good year.
Go to Top of Page

JF

2977 Posts

Posted - October 25 2019 :  20:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Guys---I give. If he isn't a cheat, then what is he? He was just banned for four years.

I will take away they cheat moniker, but I need you to explain what the deal is then.

Thank you.

John Furgele
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Buffalo Runners Forum © © 2000-2021 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page