Ready....CHARGE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mcintyre_brendan

6 Posts

Posted - January 26 2019 :  10:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Buffalo Runners,

Ss. Peter and Paul Faith Community in Williamsville is hosting our 9th Annual Charge of the Knights 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run on May 18, 2019 at 5:45 (1 Mile start) / 6:00pm (5K start).

NEW THIS YEAR: A newly designed and certified course starting and ending out back of Ss. Peter and Paul School, with views of beautiful Glen Park and Glen Falls, quiet village neighborhoods, the shops throughout the village.

We are planning a fun post race party with live music by 80s cover band Invisible Touch, a beer tent, great snacks, and more.

We have race shirts for runners registered at least a week before the run, running awards in various age groups, and a pair of new runners shoes from Tony Walker & Co for the overall winning male and female runners.

We have a new website that is up and running, which we are constantly updating: www.ChargeOfTheKnights.com.

We hope you all consider stopping out for the Charge.

Thanks for any comments or feedback!

JF

2812 Posts

Posted - January 27 2019 :  09:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the certification number?

XXIV
Go to Top of Page

Admin

265 Posts

Posted - January 27 2019 :  11:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JF, the new USATF Certification will probably be NY19001JJ. The course has been designed by Brendan and his committee and as soon as he has approval form Amherst Police, which is likely, and then weather is conducive too, the measure and certification will happen. Failing that the race may continue to use NY11018JG, which is the Moonlight Run course. The new course is very similar to the Moonlight route but starts and finishes much closer to the race venue.

I will update the calendar listing as soon as the certification is official. Meanwhile, since we know with certainty that this race will have a USATF Certified Course on race day, it has earned the "PENDING" designation for the BR Calendar's certified course column.

JJ
Go to Top of Page

mcintyre_brendan

6 Posts

Posted - January 30 2019 :  19:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi JF, the new USATF Certification will probably be NY19001JJ. The course has been designed by Brendan and his committee and as soon as he has approval form Amherst Police, which is likely, and then weather is conducive too, the measure and certification will happen. Failing that the race may continue to use NY11018JG, which is the Moonlight Run course. The new course is very similar to the Moonlight route but starts and finishes much closer to the race venue.

I will update the calendar listing as soon as the certification is official. Meanwhile, since we know with certainty that this race will have a USATF Certified Course on race day, it has earned the "PENDING" designation for the BR Calendar's certified course column.

JJ

Jeff is spot on... we have been talking to the town and police and don't anticipate any issue.

We are moving the post race party to the side of the school as well, so the party will be happy a few steps away from the finish line.

Any thoughts or suggestions JF please feel free to let me know or email ChargeOfTheKnights [at] SSPPschool.com. Thanks for the interest!
Go to Top of Page

sspritzer

207 Posts

Posted - February 13 2019 :  14:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one race you wouldn't want to miss. And its right in my backyard!

quote:
Originally posted by JF

XXIV

"Most people run a race to see who is fastest, I run a race to see who has the most guts." -Pre
Go to Top of Page

mcintyre_brendan

6 Posts

Posted - February 14 2019 :  02:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sspritzer

This is one race you wouldn't want to miss. And its right in my backyard!

[quote]Originally posted by JF

XXIV

Thanks sspritzer, we are looking forward to a great year!
Go to Top of Page

mcintyre_brendan

6 Posts

Posted - April 13 2019 :  19:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the new certification for the race (NY16011JJ, as Jeff had planned):

https://chargeoftheknights.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/MAP-NY19005JJ-Charge-of-the-Knights-2019-5K.pdf

Thanks again for the interest!

Brendan McIntyre
Go to Top of Page

sspritzer

207 Posts

Posted - April 14 2019 :  03:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcintyre_brendan

Here is the new certification for the race (NY16011JJ, as Jeff had planned):

https://chargeoftheknights.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/MAP-NY19005JJ-Charge-of-the-Knights-2019-5K.pdf

Thanks again for the interest!

Brendan McIntyre

Nice looking course and quite a deviation from the Moonlight one. I can see the challenge being the sprint to the finish line kick up that little mountain after turning left onto Reist. Similar to the finish line sprint for Feel the Spirit.

"Most people run a race to see who is fastest, I run a race to see who has the most guts." -Pre
Go to Top of Page

mcintyre_brendan

6 Posts

Posted - April 14 2019 :  19:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sspritzer

Nice looking course and quite a deviation from the Moonlight one. I can see the challenge being the sprint to the finish line kick up that little mountain after turning left onto Reist. Similar to the finish line sprint for Feel the Spirit.

I think you're right. We'll see what folks have left in the tank!

Brendan McIntyre
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Buffalo Runners Forum © 2000-2014 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page