mascot
 BuffaloRunners.com 
Buffalo,   New York
Home Forum Races Results Pictures News Articles Tools Links Contact Us
Buffalo Runners Forum
Buffalo Runners Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 The Buffalo Runners Forums
 The BuffaloRunners General Forum
 Run to end Racism and protest Trump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

marty farrell

362 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  11:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any plans for a 5k run to end racism or to protest the policies of Donald Trump? I think it would be a huge success!!

marty farrell

lkizz

1001 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  11:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea Marty, why don't you organize one in South Buffalo?
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

907 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  18:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Marty, you should try to start smaller I remember you wrote a article to the Buffalo Evening News editorial section criticizing the way Sheriff Howard runs the holding center. You should organize a 5k to back you up, he will be running for re-election in the next month. I am sure you would do a great job dealing with racism once you got a reality check.
Another great thing about Buffalo is living so close to the bridge to Canada.
Bye !!
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

907 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  18:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lkizz

Good idea Marty, why don't you organize one in South Buffalo?



Mr Ikizz, S.Bflo seems to be doing okay with 5ks. Maybe you could invite th OP to Jefferson and Best on a Friday or Saturday night and get the ball rolling for a new 5k.
Go to Top of Page

marty farrell

362 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  19:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I've never been afraid to share mine in the Buffalo News. If you feel strongly about a subject maybe you should do the same.

marty farrell
Go to Top of Page

marty farrell

362 Posts

Posted - August 23 2017 :  21:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And LKizz,Not everyone in South Buffalo is a deplorable so I think the race would do quite well.

marty farrell
Go to Top of Page

lkizz

1001 Posts

Posted - August 24 2017 :  03:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marty, I love S.Buffalo and the good people who live and work there.

Patrick, Good idea, that corner was good to you back in July of 2004 and it's fun to finish on a track.

I can't ride my bike past the corner of Emslie and William without sheadin a tear for the (no less than) 20 5ks on that corner ...
Go to Top of Page

jeanne

233 Posts

Posted - August 24 2017 :  10:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What, in your true knowledge, not Liberal media opinion, has President Trump done to fuel racism?
I am so sick of you misinformed people. If you want to see where the issue of race relations in this country started to go awry, maybe you should pull up the speeches given by Barack Hussein Obama, the biggest race hustler of our time.
Why don't you have a race to protest Antifa (be sure to wear your mask), The Black Panthers and the KKK?
Why don't you have a race to support our wonderful police officers who risk their lives day in and day out to save ours and keep us safe? Maybe one to support the families of our beloved fallen officers?
Why don't you have a race to support our military and their families whilst these men and women who fight to protect our nation wait and pray that their loved ones will come home safely?
Let's look at the REAL issues that affect those who support and protect us.
If you don't like it here, get out. You can go fight for your rights in the Middle East, Cuba, or Venezuela. Let's see how far you get. I'll give you a heads up-you won't last one minute.
All I see is people trying to get in to this country-not get out.
I know that what I have written is truthful and you don't like it. You can get your play-doh and have your hot cocoa and cookies and cry in the corner and maybe you'll feel better.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.




jeanne
Go to Top of Page

millar1987

143 Posts

Posted - August 24 2017 :  14:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

buffalogal

75 Posts

Posted - August 25 2017 :  03:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeanne

What, in your true knowledge, not Liberal media opinion, has President Trump done to fuel racism?
I am so sick of you misinformed people. If you want to see where the issue of race relations in this country started to go awry, maybe you should pull up the speeches given by Barack Hussein Obama, the biggest race hustler of our time.
Why don't you have a race to protest Antifa (be sure to wear your mask), The Black Panthers and the KKK?
Why don't you have a race to support our wonderful police officers who risk their lives day in and day out to save ours and keep us safe? Maybe one to support the families of our beloved fallen officers?
Why don't you have a race to support our military and their families whilst these men and women who fight to protect our nation wait and pray that their loved ones will come home safely?
Let's look at the REAL issues that affect those who support and protect us.
If you don't like it here, get out. You can go fight for your rights in the Middle East, Cuba, or Venezuela. Let's see how far you get. I'll give you a heads up-you won't last one minute.
All I see is people trying to get in to this country-not get out.
I know that what I have written is truthful and you don't like it. You can get your play-doh and have your hot cocoa and cookies and cry in the corner and maybe you'll feel better.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.



Damn. What?

Marty, I'll sign up for your race. Sounds like a great idea to me.
Go to Top of Page

tsomer1

3 Posts

Posted - August 25 2017 :  05:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marty maybe you can get Colin Kapernick????
Go to Top of Page

marty farrell

362 Posts

Posted - August 25 2017 :  06:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeanne need to get educated and turn off Fox News.The deplorables like her are ruining our once great Country!!!

marty farrell
Go to Top of Page

lkizz

1001 Posts

Posted - August 25 2017 :  09:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We hold these truths to be self-evident (In other words shouldn't need splaining):

True Americans have the courage to stand up and challenge it's leaders to make them accountable, that's what defines a democracy, if we don't allow and support that type of activism, then the democracy is doomed, if you can read this, look up the definition of dic付a付or不hip.
Go to Top of Page

jeanne

233 Posts

Posted - August 26 2017 :  16:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fox News? You humor me. I am educated. People who are 'sheeple'will believe anything the media throws at them.
No one is against protest if it is done the way the Constitution reads.
Dr. King must be rolling in his grave. People that support violence which is incited by people in masks funded by idiots like George Soros should be ashamed of themselves.
People who truly study these things such as I are here to wake up idiots who believe anything they read or hear without doing a complete search of the facts.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.

jeanne
Go to Top of Page

Occhino

907 Posts

Posted - August 27 2017 :  09:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lkizz

We hold these truths to be self-evident (In other words shouldn't need splaining):

True Americans have the courage to stand up and challenge it's leaders to make them accountable, that's what defines a democracy, if we don't allow and support that type of activism, then the democracy is doomed, if you can read this, look up the definition of dic付a付or不hip.




What exactly are the policies of President Trump that reflect racism? ??

In running to much of a good thing often leads to injury.
Is it possible that with all this sudden interest in democracy and rights society have become injured ? such as respect towards your fellow man,common decency and rules.

Mr.Farrell the only time racism seems to be a issue is when someone like yourself makes it one,since you started this thread how about explaining some examples ?
The Irish Center has been in South Buffalo for nearly 50 yrs, maybe we should start a petition to change the name to the American Center so nobody feels offended.

The Colin Kaepernick response was hilarious.
Go to Top of Page

petesomer

15 Posts

Posted - August 27 2017 :  13:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I come to the Runners forum for running information not politics. Can we please get back to running!


Pete
Go to Top of Page

roadrookie19

86 Posts

Posted - August 27 2017 :  13:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Pete! This topic should NOT exist on this forum.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Buffalo Runners Forum © ゥ 2000-2014 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07